Sunday, January 15, 2012

Painting for upcoming Art Salon

I am currently working on a painting of my partner Kevin, out in the snow. It is a peaceful, yet vibrant portrait. I am calling it "The Birder." I have been working on it intensively for the past 2 weeks. It has a few more days to go. I will be entering it into my first ever art salon competition, at the GreenHouse Gallery of Art in San Antonio. Here is the website with past winners: http://www.greenhousegallery.com/cgi-bin/mp/salon/siawards.pl?Category=top50

I cannot deny I am quite nervous! It still has a way to go. I will post a picture of it on this blog upon completion.

Once I am finished with this one, I will immediately begin work for my NEXT painting, which will be bigger and even more challenging than this one. I am feeling rather passionate about all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment